Rebuilding Trust in the Aftermath of an Affair

The task of restoring a marriage is multi-faceted. For us, healing began at our church door.


The carcass of the plane lay strewn across the ground, gnarled sections spread around like a jigsaw puzzle. This scene played through my mind as I thought about the destruction that I had perpetrated upon my own family by my unfaithfulness. I tried to imagine the daunting task of putting the pieces of my marriage back together in the wake of the affair.


Aviation investigators often reassemble the fragments of a crashed plane to try and discover the cause of the crash. In some cases they are able to restore nearly every scrap to its place. Of course, the finished product looks nothing like the original. Not only is the whole greatly marred, but upon close examination, even the pieces have great defects.

source

Tags: unfaithfulness | reassemble | marred | gnarled | daunting | wake | tried | TASK | strewn | sections | scrap | scene | restore | puzzle | putting | played | pieces | perpetrated | marriage | looks | jigsaw | INVESTIGATORS | greatly | fragments | finished | examination | DISCOVER | destruction | crash | CASES | carcass | Affair | trust | rebuilding | aftermath

No comments: